Here I played with various ways of presenting the name, some were utterly dreadful but it helped to give me an idea of the kind of thing I wanted to use for my logo.
Here I began to define the look of the logo, the shaping of the litters, kerning and the way they fit around one another in the layout. It wasn’t hard to see where I was going wrong on each one but taking the best pieces of each one and applying it to the next allowed me to produce an overall one that I was happy with.
Once the best one had been drawn out I could begin to adapt details and outline the lettering to see how it would work when it wasn’t drawn in pencil.
To make it into more of a logo I needed to add additional details and give it more of a recognisable identity, without which a logo is utterly useless for any brand.
I scanned the image into photoshop in order to digitally enhance it, to remove the dark background and make the lettering stand out more.
I intend to try out multiple different colour schemes to go with the look of the website, these colours are the first I tried and I really do like them, but whether they work together (particularly the black) or work with what I intend to achieve is yet to be seen.
Here I was experimenting with the colour and using it to fill the logo, I was struggling with how to fit it around the lettering… except it looks tacky.
Although the colour does work better like this it doesn’t work with the piece, it looks dreadful and childish.
Here the colour works better being kept to a minimum but I have noticed problems with the lettering that I really need to sort out and will be using a previous more successful piece which doesn’t leave too much space between the words.